Children- and Adolescent Health in Switzerland: Evidence, Strategies and Stakeholders
The Swiss TPH offers a new course on child- and adolescent health in Switzerland.
Credits accepted in the pHD SSPH + Program, Swiss Master of Public Health and Post-graduate Training as school doctor/school health professional ZHAW Winterthur (CAS Schulärztin/Schularzt/school health professional)
At a glance
Qualification: Course Certification: Children- and Adolescent Health in Switzerland: Evidence, Strategies and Stakeholders (1 ECTS)
Duration: 2 days (01st and 15th November 2018)
Costs: CHF 1,100.00
Location: The course takes place at the University Basel.
Languages of instruction:
Course language: German, but English-Speakers are welcome.
Objectives and content
The course is conceptualized for students or professionals interested in linking epidemiology, praxis and policy in child and adolescent health, with a special focus on school health programs and school health.
Aim of the course is to
- learn basics on epidemiological methods in child- and abdolescent health
- learn about the DOHAD theory and the life course approach in child and adolescent health
- get familiarized with national a data on child and adolescent health to identify and describe relevant public health needs in child and adolescent health
- learn about Swiss school health screening and school projects on health and prevention
- learn about availability and relevance of national strategies in child and adolescent health
Please find more information on the course under
Enquiries and contact
PD Dr. med. Julia Dratva (SSPH + faculty)
Course time (subject to change):
01st + 15th November 2018
Starting dates and application