Externship Workshop Advanced Family Nursing
This 4 day workshop provides the extraordinary possibility to have Dr Lorraine Wright and Dr Janice M Bell in Switzerland. The presenters will offer specific knowledge and clinical skills that will enhance your important work of caring for families through direct clinical practice, education, and/or research.
Our health care system needs Family Nursing in order to meet the actual challenges such as increasing chronic illnesses, a growing population of elderly people and new treatment methods. As a specialist in Family Nursing you are able to work with families in complex situations and to provide clinical leadership for your nursing and health care team.
This workshop is part of the module Familienzentrierte Pflege und Beratung III
At a glance
Qualification: Course certificate Externship Workshop Advanced Family Nursing
Duration: 4 days
Costs: CHF 1,900.00
Comment on costs: The course documents and administration are included. Further optional specialists literature are at the participants own expense.
Zurich University of Applied Sciences
School of Health Professions
Language of instruction: English
Objectives and content
This workshop is designed for practicing nurses, nurse educators and researchers and other health care professionals who are committed to caring for families with compassion, competence, and confidence.
- Illness Beliefs Model: Advanced Practice Clinical Model
- Trinity Model: Advanced Practice Clinical Model
- How to offer and conduct a useful and healing Therapeutic Conversation
- What are the Family Interventions that matter and are effective?
- What is the connection between Brain Science and Illness Beliefs?
- Application of two advanced family nursing clinical models in practice, research, and education with families
- Observation of a live Family Interview
Enquiries and contact
- Two years of professional experience within a healthcare profession
- A basic understanding of the Calgary Family Assessment and Intervention Model
- Good knowledge of English
Information for applicants
7 - 8 lessons per day. Lessons are held from 09.00 - 16.45 (including breaks) each day.
Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
The number of participants in every course is limited. Early registration is advised.
Prices are subject to change.
Starting dates and application