CAS International Human Resource Management
Companies competing in an international environment face a variety of demands on their organization and people. The challenge is to address needs and issues that are often contradictory and may stem from diverging strategies for the various entities operating in different cultural and economic contexts simultaneously. International HR Management can contribute significantly to the success of the global organization by ensuring the best fit in terms of people and HR Systems for both parent company and subsidiaries.
At a glance
Qualification: Certificate of Advanced Studies in International Human Resource Management (12 ECTS)
Start: 29.08.2018, 29.08.2019, 24.08.2020
Duration: 14 Days (incl. introduction to Strategic HCM - in Germany only)
Costs: CHF 6,900.00
Comment on costs:
Courseware, set books and examination fees (excl. reexamination fees) are included in the course costs.
The total course costs are due within 30 days. All scripts will be available electronically. The study trip is optional, costs t.b.d.
The course will take place at the locations of the ZHAW School of Management and Law in Winterthur.
Language of instruction: English
«The CAS International Human Resource Management offers an excellent combination of practice, theoretical HR approaches and various cultural models. I appreciated especially the international atmosphere created by using English as a course language and by experienced lecturers with various cultural backgrounds.»
Vassilis Donikian, Manager HR Performance Analyse, Swiss International Air Lines
Objectives and content
- HR managers working in an international business environment
- Local country HR managers of international companies
- Global mobility specialists
After the course you will be able to
- contribute to the financial success of your organization's by enabling them to manage people effectively across national borders
- contribute to the formulation and implementation of your organization’s international corporate strategy
- develop, implement and maintain effective and consistent human resource policies and practices in a multicultural business environment
- manage the international HR function more efficiently
- manage and team up with people with diverse cultural backgrounds
And last but not least:
You will have the opportunity to enhance your network by meeting and interacting with various experts and professionals with international backgrounds and connections.
Module 1: The Framework of International HR Management Applying
- Introduction to international HR management
- Corporate strategy and culture
- Cultural diversity
- International labor regulations
- Business context : Technological, polititcal, economical influences
- Business ethics and corporate responsibility
Module 2: Applying HR Systems
- Integrative sessions: Doing business in India / in China
- International communication & negotiation
- Global talent management
- Global performance and compensation management
- Managing global mobility
- Presentation of country workbooks (compulsory presence)
Study trip (optional; excl. course costs)
Date: 1 – 6 February 2019
Max. 12 participants
The course participants will have the opportunity to visit organizations in Katar operating in an international environment and to meet professionals to share views and experience on business specific challenges.
Classes consist of lectures by instructors and industry guest speakers, exercises, discussions, work on practical cases, class presentations, and experience-sharing sessions.
In addition, participants study the relevant literature to consolidate their knowledge of the issues covered in the classroom as well as preparing for their performance records.
The instructor team for this program consists of ZHAW lecturers, business executives, and entrepreneurs. They are well-connected, able to share cutting-edge knowledge, and guarantee a critical overview of current trends.
Part-time. One day per week over a period of about 4 months.
Enquiries and contact
You should be experienced in one or more aspects of Human Resource Management. Course language is English. Please include a current CV in your online-application.
Starting dates and application