CAS International Human Resource Management
Companies competing in an international environment face a variety of demands on their organizations and people. Their challenge is to address needs and issues that can be contradictory because of the diverging strategies of different entities operating in different cultural and economic settings. International HR management competence can contribute significantly to the success of global organizations by understanding these challenges and leveraging this knowledge into sound HR systems that support the business effectively and have a positive impact on an organization’s bottom line.
At a glance
Qualification: Certificate of Advanced Studies in International Human Resource Management (12 ECTS)
Start: 29.08.2019, 24.08.2020
Duration: 14 Days (incl. introduction to Strategic HCM - in Germany only)
Costs: CHF 6,900.00
Comment on costs:
Courseware, set books and examination fees (excl. reexamination fees) are included in the course costs.
The total course costs are due within 30 days. All scripts will be available electronically.
The course will take place at the locations of the ZHAW School of Management and Law in Winterthur.
Language of instruction: English
«The CAS International Human Resource Management offers an excellent combination of practice, theoretical HR approaches and various cultural models. I appreciated especially the international atmosphere created by using English as a course language and by experienced lecturers with various cultural backgrounds.»
Vassilis Donikian, Manager HR Performance Analyse, Swiss International Air Lines
Objectives and content
- HR managers working in an international business environment
- Local country HR managers of international companies
- Global mobility specialists
This CAS program will enable participants to
- contribute to the development and implementation of their organization’s international corporate strategy
- develop, implement, and maintain effective human resource policies and practices in a multicultural business environment
- manage the international HR function more efficiently
- work with and manage people from different cultures more effectively
- test their own intercultural competence in a real-life setting
Module 1: The Framework of International HR Management Applying
- Introduction to international HR management
- Corporate strategy and culture
- Cultural diversity
- International labor regulations
- Institutional factors
- Integrative session: Doing business in India / the Middle East / Russia
Module 2: Applying HR Systems
- The global HR function
- Business ethics and corporate responsibility
- Global staffing and people development
- Global performance management and compensation
- Managing global mobility
- Presentation of country workbooks
Classes consist of lectures by instructors and industry guest speakers, exercises, discussions, work on practical cases, class presentations, and experience-sharing sessions.
In addition, participants study the relevant literature to consolidate their knowledge of the issues covered in the classroom as well as preparing for their performance records.
The instructor team for this program consists of ZHAW lecturers, business executives, and entrepreneurs. They are well-connected, able to share cutting-edge knowledge, and guarantee a critical overview of current trends.
Part-time. One day per week over a period of about 4 months.
Enquiries and contact
You should be experienced in one or more aspects of Human Resource Management. Course language is English. Please include a current CV in your online-application.
Starting dates and application