Leading SAFe (SA) certification preparation
In this two-day course in Zurich or Bern to become a certified SAFe Agilist you get to know the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe 4.5 to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
At a glance
Qualification: ZHAW attendance confirmation Leading SAFe® Agilist (SA) & SAFe® Agilist (SA) (after the certification exam)
Duration: 2 days
Costs: CHF 1,800.00
Comment on costs: The course price includes two days of training, course materials, examination fees and lunch.
Location: ZHAW School of Management and Law, Winterthur (in the vicinity of the train station) and Bern (in the vicinity of the train station)
Languages of instruction:
German (courses in Bern), English (courses in Winterthur); course material in English & certification exam in English
Objectives and content
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders (Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs)
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads Enterprise
- System and Solution Architects.
After this course, you will understand how to:
- Apply Scaled Agile Framework 4.5 to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise.
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains.
- Coordinate large Value Streams.
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio.
- Align the organization to a common process model.
- Configure the framework for your context.
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers.
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- Introduction into the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- The definition of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- The understanding and the application of the principles of SAFe
- The implementation of an Agile Release Train
- Planning of product increments through PI planning
- Agile Portfolio Management
- Coordination of Value Streams
- What means leadership in a Lean-Agile enterprise?
26th and 27th March (Bern)
25th and 26th June (Winterthur)
Enquiries and contact
The instructors from FlowSphere have both been working as project managers for years.
Sacha Czudek, Managing Partner at FlowSphere, is an experienced SAFe instructor, Enterprise Agile Coach and currently the only SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) in Switzerland
Ari Byland, Managing Partner at FlowSphere, is a professional Scrum instructor and is especially specialized in the field of digital transformation.
Offered in cooperation with
Attending the class prepares you to take the online exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SA certification exam: 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management and experience in Scrum.
Starting dates and application