MAS Financial Consulting
The financial consultant is typically an all-rounder with specialist knowledge in areas necessary for providing advice to wealthy private clients. With this program, they receive accredited specialist training for client consultation in the following subjects:
• Financial markets, capital investments, portfolio theory, finance
• Wealth management
• Pensions, insurance, financial planning
• Law (incl. matrimonial property and inheritance law, tax law, contract law), compliance and regulation
The four subject areas can also be taken as individual CAS courses.
The MAS has some special features:
• The degree program has run annually since 1997, enjoying great success in the market.
• It provides benchmark training in comprehensive finance and wealth consulting.
• To date over 400 graduates from over 90 employers have completed the program.
• Graduates have an opportunity to become a Certified Financial Planner CFP®.
At a glance
Qualification: Master of Advanced Studies ZFH in Financial Consulting UAS Zurich (60 ECTS)
Duration: 2 years
Costs: CHF 28,800.00
Comment on costs: The course fees can be paid in full at the start of the course or in installments.
The fee for an individual Certificate of Advanced Studies program is CHF 6,450.
Location: Classes take place at the ZHAW School of Management and Law in Winterthur (close to the main railway station).
Language of instruction: German
Objectives and content
The MAS is aimed principally at individuals from the following industries and branches:
• Banking, private banking, asset management
• Insurance and pensions
• Financial advisers and wealth management
• Real-estate consulting
• Tax consulting
The financial consultant:
• reviews the financial situation of the client and provides comprehensive support in all matters of finance
• supports decision-making and recognizes when other specialists need to be consulted
• has a markedly analytical mind
• is able to work in a structured, conceptional, and strategic way
• is able to analyze the situation and calculate its implications on the financial advice given
The Master of Advanced Studies is a specialist training program in comprehensive private financial consulting and is modular in form. It is divided into four CAS programs:
• CAS in Finance
• CAS in Wealth Management
• CAS in Swiss Legal Aspects of Financial Planning
• CAS in Swiss Social Security, Insurances and Financial Planning
The integration and practical application of the special knowledge acquired is demonstrated through small assignments, which are part of the specialist blocks, and in the preparation of a Master's thesis.
Lectures / compulsory sessions every Friday 1.45pm - 6pm and Saturday 8.15am - 12.30pm (some exceptions possible)
Enquiries and contact
Admission to a Master of Advanced Studies degree program requires a university degree (university of applied sciences, university, technical college) and several years' relevant experience.
Interested parties not in possession of a university degree but with the necessary professional experience may be admitted “sur dossier” (on merit) if they can demonstrate evidence of their particular ability or aptitude. The number of such places is limited.
Information for applicants
Starting date: 04.09.2015
Starting dates and application