Professional Scrum Master certification preparation
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master course covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master in it. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the PSM I assessment, and are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment. The industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
At a glance
Qualification: ZHAW attendance confirmation & Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) from scrum.org (after certification)
Start: on request
Duration: 2 days
Costs: CHF 2,200.00
Comment on costs: The course price includes two days of training, course materials, examination fees and lunch.
Location: ZHAW School of Management and Law, Winterthur (in the vicinity of the train station) and Bern (in the vicinity of the train station)
Languages of instruction:
German (courses in Bern), English (courses in Winterthur); course material in English and certification exam in English
Objectives and content
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Anyone involved in software development using the Scrum framework
- Particularly bene cial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members
After this course, you should be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership.
- Effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- Theory and principles of Scrum
- Scrum Framework
- Implementation of a Scrum-project and definition of Done
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of a Scrum Master
- Planning with Scrum
Enquiries and contact
The instructors from FlowSphere have both been working as project managers for years.
Sacha Czudek, Managing Partner at FlowSphere, is an experienced SAFe instructor, Enterprise Agile Coach and currently the only SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) in Switzerland
Ari Byland, Managing Partner at FlowSphere, is a professional Scrum instructor and is especially specialized in the field of digital transformation.
Offered in cooperation with
Experience in Agile is of an advantage.
Starting dates and application
|on request||on request||Application|