SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification preparation
The next step in the Scrum Master’s learning path. This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe®implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of the program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
At a glance
Qualification: ZHAW attendance confirmation & SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
Duration: 2 days
Costs: CHF 1,800.00
Comment on costs: The course price includes two days of training, course materials, examination fees and lunch.
Location: ZHAW School of Management and Law, Winterthur (in the vicinity of the train station) and Bern (in the vicinity of the train station)
Languages of instruction:
German (courses in Bern), English (courses in Winterthur); course material in English & certification exam in English
Objectives and content
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
- 12th and 13th November 2018
Enquiries and contact
The instructors from FlowSphere have both been working as project managers for years.
Sacha Czudek, Managing Partner at FlowSphere, is an experienced SAFe instructor, Enterprise Agile Coach and currently the only SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) in Switzerland
Ari Byland, Managing Partner at FlowSphere, is a professional Scrum instructor and is especially specialized in the field of digital transformation.
Offered in cooperation with
The course meets the requirements for the SAFe® SASM certification.
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
Starting dates and application